Saturday, August 24, 2013

Tomorrow's the Day!

I’m all packed and ready to go (as hard as it is to believe!)  In 24 hours from now, I will be boarding my flight to London. It’s starting to set in that I won’t be returning to St. Mike’s until January, especially after seeing all of my friends’ statuses on Facebook announcing their return. However, I know that when I board the plane, an opportunity of a lifetime will await me when I land. Tomorrow will definitely be bittersweet because I will say goodbye to my family for three and a half months, but I know we will have plenty of Skype dates.

Today, I spent the day packing the next few months of my life away into three bags, and I’m quite surprised that I could do it in one shot. After weighing in my checked bag, I packed enough to still be under the 51 pound limit (success!!) Here's what the end result looks like!


This past week has been spent with my friends and family, catching up and making plans to keep in touch while I’m abroad. My cousin, Marissa, and I went to Al’s French Frys last night for one last creemee, and my brother and I took on the State Capitol on Tuesday (he’s a future history major; I have no doubt). I will treasure these moments because it will be the last time I see them until December. However, I know, no matter what, they’re close with me always.

This is going to be a short entry, but I’m off to check-in to my flight. I’m flying over with one of my closest friends, Morgan, who is in the same program with me. I’m so excited we’re flying over together, even though there won’t be a language barrier upon our arrival. The motto of “two heads are better than one” seems prevalent for our upcoming journey, and I’m glad she’ll be with me! This will be my last entry written in the US, and I’m enjoying the last Vermont sunset and homemade dinner given to me.  I’ll keep you all updated when I’m settled in Bath! Until then, I’m heading across the pond!

Best,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment